Picnic with the new state State Superintendent of Instruction, Tom Torlakson
- Picnic with the new superintendent of instruction, Tom Torlakson
- What's on the agenda
- Abundant Life Ministries Church has a health fair
- Art in the Park, Point Richmond style
- Hotel Mac celebrates 100 years with $10 express lunch special
- Community College classes have stated but you can still sign up until August 25.
- Contra Costa County Democratic Party has a picnic
- Farmers Market and face painting still alive and kicking in Point Richmond
Sunday, August 8, 2010
Plunge Reopening is August 14, 2010.
Thanks to the dedication of people such as Bob and Ellie Strauss now of Petaluma, former Richmond Mayor Rosemary Corbin, Councilman Tom Butt, and attorney David Vincent, it has been completely rebuilt from top down, so that it is actually more like the historic plunge now than when it closed in for repairs and structural strengthening. The architect is Todd Jersey.
Ribbon cutting at the grand opening celebration this coming Saturday will occur at 11 a.m., followed by free open swimming at 1:00, 3:00 and 5:00.
Fund raiser David Vincent said people will have to park wherever they can and that while it is true that the trim looks a little unfinished, maybe in 15 years they will get around to it.
The historic mushroom fountain has been taken out of the Plunge and put on the front lawn. Its original tile work has been restored.
Nearing completion, workers and volunteers help planting new landscaping the Saturday before the grand opening. Landscaping will be primarily native plants.